Wednesday, October 29, 2008

itunes video

I watched a video about the sun and the universe. They consider the sun a "universal work of art." The sun generates enough energy to hold the universe together. That is a lot of energy considering our universe is very large. The sun is equivilent to 1 million degrees fehrenheit. Our sun is 93 million miles from the sun. The sun is powerful enough to heat our earth and give enough centrifical force to hold the entire universe together. It takes 8.5 minutes for light to leave the sun and reach the earth. If one were to leave the earth it would take them approximately 11 months to reach the sun.

My class could definately use this video as a learning resource. They could learn a lot about the solar system and how it works. A lot of people think that the sun is a lot closer and more insignificant than it is. While watching this video I learned different things that I did not know were true. I, for one, thought that the sun was just another star along with the others. I was wrong. The sun actually holds together our universe.

2 comments:

Jennifer Averitt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Averitt said...

Good job, but... I believe the assignment for October 29 was to watch "Growth" vs. "Fixed" Minds.